The Congregational Care Division of the session consists of a group of session members and members of the congregation who supervise and coordinate pastoral care opportunities for members, as well as attend to various other care and support opportunites within the congregation.
The church welcomes volunteers to help support various members of our congregation. Perhaps you could visit a sick or shut-in member, serve on Prayer Chain, or prepare meals for new mothers and their families.
Congregational Care's most recent addition, Senior Adult Ministry (SAM), helps senior church members live independently and receive loving support and outreach from members of First Presbyterian Church of Athens.
To download and complete the 2011 Health and Wellness Ministry survey, please click here.
Areas to serve:
- Support of college-age members
- Pastoral Response Team (bereavement)
- Lay Callers Team (hospital visits, follow-up, etc.)
- Prayer Chain
- Transportation of members to/from non-church appointments
- Send cards to sick or shut-in member
- Visit sick or shut-in members
- Prepare meals for new mothers and their families.
We are always looking for volunteers to help serve the members of our congregation. If you are interested in volunteering your time and talent in this area, please contact Elder Peggy Reigle.